Sunday, July 31, 2016

Perils of Photographer!!! :)

A beautiful weather early in the morning is a wonderful ask for a hopeful photography..

Today morning I woke up to find pleasant sky, with the sun playing hide and seek. There was a touch of chillness in the air, all to inspire me to pick up my camera bag and head down in the apartment compound. As I walked out, I found this beautiful red flower in a small puddle water that got created because of the rains last night.



Standing tall, I stopped to examine my subject with my camera still packed in the bag slung behind. I was like the doctor to a patient...

     Hmmm, red flower.. lovely and that too in the water, 
     The reflection on the water.. Amazing...I saw some lovely rain drops on the petals 
     Sun behind me and the clouds... so not too harsh light...
     Angle to shoot could be lower... hmmm

I was in deep contemplation when someone from behind said, "Sid, just shoot it or else it may feel shy and run away"... I looked around to see one of my neighbours peeping from his balcony..

I just smiled ... "Bugger, this is not a military drill and she ain't my girl friend... It is a creative delight... Grrr".. well I wanted to say all that but I just smiled and waved...

My focus went back to my subject and the analysis. Now it was time to move on with the action... Kept the camera bag on the pathway carefully away from the water puddle and pulled out my camera.. Did the settings and got onto my angles...

Top view.. nah.... Will miss the reflection.. bend 45 degree, without a tripod I can't trust my body to be stable.. From right, from left, from front, from back... It felt like being in a temple and going around the lord for a complete view... After all the pradakshina done.. decided to prostrate and shoot.. The lord Red Flower could be happy with me that way and give me what I was seeking for... :)

Finally after all the adjustments, I got into shooting...


At the end, while downloading out the pics realised what all one needs to do trying to get the image closer to the imagination one had built up..

Phew!!!

The video shot while doing the act..



4 comments:

Jana said...

This ( your blog) is just getting better and better. Love the pic and the best part of a blog is the description of your intended reaction to your neighbour taunt

Unknown said...

Thank you Jana...

rains said...

Enjoyed reading your tryst with the red flower...indeed snapping a pict is no child's game....keep going...

Unknown said...

Thank you Rains.. Wonderful to hear from you...