Thursday, May 31, 2007

The Undertaker!!!


It was an early morning that I happened to be at the Chennai central platform to pick up one of my relatives, that I happened to bump into this undertaker. With a professional attire, all decked in brown except for his feet, which was adorned by an old slipper. My undertaker was swinging his sole brown stick trying to show his supremacy. My train was about to come on to the platform and I just had to rush when I all of a sudden stopped.

My undertaker has stopped one of the poor tea vendors who was with his tea can trying to get into the arriving train. The pleading had started by this vendor, but fell into no ears. Poor fellow trying to convince the undertaker with a few bucks.. but no way.. undertaker will not budge.. Just then happen to come rush past the scene was another lucky vendor with an extended arm.. The undertaker arm happen to touch the lucky vendor's arm and a magical band of paper passed by.. My undertaker was happy and at the same speed the magical wad of papers vanished into his pockets..

It took me 15 mins by the time I picked up my relative and passed through the same spot. Not surprised to fine my poor vendor was about to leave and my undertaker seemed happy with a new bunch of magical papers in his other pocket.. Both departed, the vendor yelling for a new customer and the undertaker in search of another victim... The life continues...

No comments: