Thursday, January 05, 2017

Samadhi or Out??



Samadhi or Out??

I was zoned out for few seconds not sure how and what to react to that statement before I moved on. It got me wondering was that a statement or a word.. It was such a powerful one that it shook me and let me spin in multiple dimensions, more so what choices life can show us and how simple they are...

Well this happened to be the 1st of January of this wonderful year and I was at the Pondicherry Mother's ashram for the new year meditation. I have so far managed to be there for the last three years. Though the meditation starts at 6 am, we typically arrive there by 5.20 am to get a seat near "Mother's Samadhi". This year was no different and managed to sit near that beautiful samadhi space. There is always a tranquil atmosphere and you could transcend yourself to a different realm (I must also say that it is a matter of choice on that count 😌).

After having finished the meditation, people were regulated to pay their obeisance. After finishing the rituals we were about to leave when the confusion of crowd management came in. One of the volunteers asked us to move towards the main gate for the exit. As we came close to the main gate another volunteer rushed in and said, "Please move towards the back gate and not this, there is too much of crowd outside". This all was in their humble politeness. We turned again and started to move back. While doing so, we had to cross the Samadhi area again where another humble volunteer turned and asked me.. "Samadhi or Out"...

What struck me the most was as if someone were asking me...

"Do I have a purpose or am I going through a routine"

How do I look at my ultimate goal in life? 

Am I in charge or what I am doing or is it the routine in charge of me??

How have I been making my choices and am I enjoying those choices??

For me, the Samadhi has been a source of powerful energy. A belief that I carry along and for me this place symbolises Purpose in life!!

At that juncture this statement of mere two words started off a trigger ... I do not have the answers now but hopefully I will.

"Are we part of a crowd or do we have a sense of direction for ourselves??" 

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Good one Sid!! If u find answers ..Humara khayal rakho...
'Samadhi or Out' is better than 'out of the Samadhi'.(hehe)

Unknown said...

Very thought provoking Sid...True....simole words, but make us think about where do we want to head, are we really going that way...? Great read Sid 👌

Unknown said...

Thank you Prithvi... appka khayal hai hamesha...

Unknown said...

Thank you for liking it... choices are difficult but take interesting turns

Unknown said...

Really good and very relevant. We all need to have a purpose in life else we r directionless

Unknown said...

It's good and thought provoking...Sid jee once u figure it out enlighten us also

Unknown said...

Thank you Sandhya... a very important dimension in life..

Unknown said...

Thank you. You are an enlightened person, what else is needed..