Sunday, February 01, 2009

Her Holiness :)

The other day, while I was traveling from one office to other, I had to wait at a “Train Crossing” for close to half an hour. I had been going through some of the documents sitting in there, for a meeting that I was supposed to attend but was feeling bored. The cab driver had switched of the engine and we were just idling. The cab had stopped in front of a “college gate”. Bored and eager to move on, I had shut my laptop and was peeping out of the car window, when I saw this cow, holy cow. She was trying to find some green grass around to fill herself. It had just stepped in front of the gate of the college and seems to have found a small patch of greenery near the road, besides the pavement. As it started to chew, the college security guard came rushing to shoo her away and swung his wand onto the poor cow. The cow kept chewing and after having got a mouth full it moved on as if nothing had happened. But the guard ensured the push and yelling till the cow moved away from the gate. The funniest part was that, the cow had just moved a couple of inches, an old man passing by, stopped, stepped out of his “chappals”, touched the cow, mumbled a few prayers and then moved on.

I was wondering what a diversification of thoughts and beliefs. The beauty was the timing of the events.

But for the cow, it just moved on chewing its cud, oblivious of the happenings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You reminded me of one of the earliest hindi lessons in school...gaay humari maaata hai :) Jokes apart..perception is such a crucial aspect of evey thing in this universe..you brought that out really well..